Garhwal Runs 2021
Garhwal Run orgnised by LA ULTRA – THE HIGH will be held in August 2021, its the 7th edition or the garhwal runs,Run will have two categories 33 km & the 74 km which will be qualifying distances for the 55 km & 111 km.
The race starts from Raipur Chowk Bus stand (Maharana Pratap statue) and heads to-wards Dhanaulti – Surkanda Devi road via Maldevta.
Registration started from 14th January 2021 for registration please click here
Rules and Regulation
- Taking the Covid pandemic into account, this will be a self-supported event.
- You will need to get your own crew and car.
- Only two crew members per runner are allowed.
- Runners not having their own cars will be given contact details of local travel agency to organize for taxi.
- If you cheat, you’ll be cheating yourself. If you qualify by these means, you could be risking your life in Ladakh because you wouldn’t have been prepared enough to participate in La Ultra.
- You’ll need to arrange to get to the start line and getting back from the finish line. We will not be picking you up or dropping you.
- Even at the finish, we discourage runners to huddle around. Please maintain social distancing at all times.
- We’ll have a staggered start, with only 5 runners starting together. Make sure you get to the start line on time (30 min before the start time).
- Your start times will be based on your usual half marathon and full marathon times. Please share those.
- Your bibs will be distributed at the start line, so please make sure you get to the start line with 30 min to spare.
- Core Crew will be stationed at the start line, 21km, 33 km, 47 km, 66 km and 74 km (finish) points. We’ll have water and basic food but you are expected to have your hydration and energy foods with you or in your car.
- From the start time, the following will be cut-off times for these distances: 21 km – 3hr 15min; 33 km – 5 hr; 47 km – 7 hrs; 74 km – 11 hr. If you miss these times, you are officially out of the race. The final decision lies with the official organizers. If you decide to carry on, it’s at your own risk. Also, there is a good chance that no one could be waiting for you at the finish.
- Unlike the previous editions, we will not be taking any drop bags from runners to minimize the physical contact.
- This edition is being held on two dates so we can maintain social distancing. For 21st February 2021, we’ll only accept 45-50 entries. As soon as we fill in the spots, we’ll open entries for the next date, which will be a month or so later. We’ll confirm the date later.
- The distances on the route will be properly marked on the road as in every edition. (unless due to heavy rains the markings fade away)
- Be aware that weather on this route can change at any time, so be prepared for snow, rain and heat. Remember to pack in the water-resistant outer shell.
- If your start time is when it’s dark, it is advisable to carry a headlamp too.
- Our primary interest is your safety.
- Please respect the race officials as to what they have to say.